Backlinks are incoming links to a webpage. When a webpage links to any other page, it’s called a backlink. It is an off-page SEO technique. Earlier, backlinks played a major role for the ranking of a webpage. The page that had a lot of backlinks usually ranked higher on all major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. it is a part of link building. It helps to build your Domain Authority, website ranking, and more factors.
Types Of Backlinks :
No-Follow Link: A no-follow link tag, that link does not pass link juice. No-follow links do not have any effect concerning the ranking of a page as they do not contribute anything. In general, a webmaster uses the no-follow tag when he/she is linking out to an unreliable site.
Do-Follow Link: By default, all the links added into a blog post are do-follow links and these pass “link juice”. These links affect the ranking of the webpage on the search engine and also improves the domain authority.
4 Essential Back links Terms and Their Definition:
Some common terms related to backlinks that should know:
Low-Quality Links: Low-quality links are links that come from spam sites or even Adult sites. These links do not do any good but harm the DA of the website.
Internal Links: Links that take the user from one page to another within the same domain are called internal links. The process itself is referred to as internal linking or interlinking.
Anchor Text: Text that is used for hyperlinks is called anchor text. Anchor text backlinks work great when you are trying to rank for particular keywords.
Domain authority :- Domain authority is a measure of the power of a domain name and is one of many search engine ranking factors. Domain authority is based on Age, Popularity, and Size of the website.
Top 16 Ways To Get Backlinks:
- Submit Guest Post to Other Blogs.
- Start Relevant Threads in Forums and Link to Your Blog Posts.
- Social bookmarking sites to get quality backlinks you should get with these following network: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest to name a few.
- Use of Discussion Boards through Linking to Your Blog in threads. Quora is one such High-quality discussion board.
- Use of Blogging Communities by Submitting Your Blog Posts to Them, These are some great places to start are Blog Engage, and get inbound links.
- Ask Questions related to your blog in Answer Sites like Yahoo Answers and Link to Your Blog in your questions.
- Internal link to your blog and other posts on your blog when writing on your blog.
- Exchange links with other bloggers in your niche. Make sure to form a link pyramid and keep it natural.
- Submit Your Blog to Top Blogging directories (Again quality mattes here)
- Write a mail to influencers who write on the same topic and encourage them to share it on social networks.
- Network with other bloggers in your niche (Online and offline) and links will automatically follow you.
- Submit your blog to your top social networking sites
- Do article submission on relevant sites.
- Work on making your blog go viral on top social bookmarking sites, this alone can bring you hundreds of quality backlinks from higher authority sites.
- Start your affiliate program.
- List your product on eBay or Amazon and include a link back to your blog.